Welcome new and returning families, the VSI - Pinellas Flames, formerly St. Pete Raiders Soccer Club hopes you will have a great experience with us this season.
General Information for the U14 & above ages
Teams: Usually 1-2 teams for boys and girls
Team Size: 18 players max.
Practice: Twice a week, from 7:30 - 9:00 Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday
Games: 12 games during the season played on Saturdays on the East or South, full-size Fields
Game Day: 11 players vs 11 players, the goalie is one of the 11 players. There is offsides at this level. Game play is two 35 minute halves for U-14, two 40 minute halves for U-16, two 90 minute halves for U-19 boys. U-19 girls play 7v7 with keeper and 2 halves of 35 minutes each.
Ball Size: 5
GYSA Tournament: 3 games after the regular season will be played at other clubs in our county. Normally 2 games on a Saturday and 1 game on a Sunday. Possibly advancement in tournament to play in Semi-Finals and Finals
- Februrary 9th Last games for the regular season
- February 16th and 17th GYSA Tournment 1st round games
- Spring soccer starts in March 2013.
U14 and above - Twice a week, from 7:30 - 9:00 Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday - 1st practice in Oct.
180 mins with their Parent Facilitator/Coach
1. Team rosters will be drawn using the Blind Draw system per GYSA rules. Rosters will have a maximum of 18 players per team.
1. Games will be on Saturdays beginning the 1st week of November and continuing thru 2nd week of February. Usually will have 6 home games and 6 away games. Away games are at other clubs in Pinellas county.
1. Game play will be 11v11 ( 10 field players and a goal keeper ).
2. Games played on Saturdays beginning November 3rd. Two 35 minute halves for U-14, two 40 minute halves for U-16, two 90 minute halves for U-19 boys. U-19 girls play 7v7 with keeper and 2 halves of 35 minutes each.