Steven Emerson and his family currently live in New Port Richey, FL.
Here are the soccer related highlights from his resume.
- Currently United Soccer Association
Vice President of Girls Program
- Currently St Pete Raiders
Head Coach U16 Girls
Head Coach U11 Girls
- Sept 2008 – Current Gulf High School
Head Coach Boys Varsity Soccer
- June 2007 - Mar 2009 East Lake Soccer
Head Coach U11 Boys
Head Coach U15 Boys
- Feb 1999 - Mar 2004 West Pasco Youth Soccer Association
Director of Coaching/Operations
See Supplemental Information below
- Nov 2002 - May 2004 West Pasco Competitive Youth Soccer League
Head Coach U11 Girls
- Sept 1996 - 2001 Gulf High School
Head Coach Girls Varsity Soccer
Head Coach Junior Varsity Soccer
- June 1996 - May 1999 West Pasco Competitive Youth Soccer League
Head Coach U19 Girls
- June 1995 - Aug 1998 Camp Wicosuta for Girls, Bristol, NH
Associate Director/Athletic Director
- June 1995 - May 1996 Land O’ Lakes Competitive Youth Soccer
Head Coach U16 Girls
- June 1994 - May 1995 West Pasco Competitive Youth Soccer League
Head Coach U13B
- May 1990 – June 1993 Land O’ Lakes Recreational Youth Soccer
- Aug 1988 – May 1990 Saint Leo College Soccer Team
- Summer 1991 Stony Brook Camp, Long Island, NY
Director of the “ All Sport Camp”
- Certified in Educational Leadership K-12
- United States Soccer Federation National “C” Coaching License
- Member of the of the United States Soccer Federation
- Member of NSCAA
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR certified
Sports Information Director
September 1990 – May, 1992
- Compiled statistics for entire athletic department, including men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball and soccer
- Managed game operations, including statistics and announcing
- Published daily statistical computer reports
- Implemented Monarch Letter
- Created media guides for athletic teams
- Provided local media with game-by-game statistics and player profiles
- Assisted in publishing weekly “Sports Grams”
- Handled media relations of athletic department
- Provided necessary sports information to the conference office
Director Of Coaching & Operations for West Pasco FC
February 1999 – March 2004
Responsibilities as the Director of Coaching & Operations were as follows, but not limited to:
- Conducted monthly competitive coaches meetings to discuss current issues and provide tips on effective coaching.
- Collected input from coaches and gave constructive feedback.
- Problem solved situations and helped create good relationships between coaches, parents, players and league.
- Provided help to coaches and team managers in dealing with parents.
- Was the person of contact if parents were having an issue with a coach or the league.
- Was the mediator between parents, coaches, and league officials.
- Created a system where feedback could be collected from the parents, players and coaches, in order to help better the league for the future.
- Supported coaches, parents and players by rotating through both recreational and competitive practices, making myself available to answer any questions they may have had.
- Set up and conducted monthly coaching clinics, in order for them to improve their knowledge and coaching effectiveness.
- Created monthly specialty clinics for both players and coaches that focused on a specific aspect of the game (i.e. Defending, Tactics, & Goalkeeping).
- Met with competitive coaches once a month to go over specific playing strategies (i.e. systems of play 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-5-2).
- Encouraged coaches on both the recreational and competitive level to attend licensing courses (required competitive coaches to attain at least a “D” license).
- Set up a process for evaluating coaches to make sure that they were not just soccer knowledgeable, but also effective in their delivery.
- Provided coaches with effective strategies on dealing with children by providing a positive atmosphere at both practices and games.
- Provided ways to motivate coaches and provide “warm fuzzies” to encourage them.
- Developed a monthly newsletter to keep everyone informed of what was happening around the league.
- Worked with the community to help bring in guest speakers/coaches to aid with our clinics/camps.
- Worked with the media to help promote clinics, camps, tournaments and the league in general.
- Was responsible for coordinating and implementing competitive tryouts.
- Met with and conducted monthly Board of Directors meetings, which included setting the agenda.
- Conducted monthly meetings with Age Group Coordinators and Team Managers to keep them up to date with league news and to troubleshoot any problems that were occurring.
- Was responsible for recruiting highly qualified coaches as well as firing coaches when necessary.
- Was responsible for the hiring and overseeing of specific league officials such as Treasurer, Registrar, Director of Training & Referee Coordinator.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors for items such as uniforms, equipment, & concessions. These vendors included Nike, Adidas, Kelme, & Pepsi.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a schedule for over 100 recreational teams, including the GYSA schedule.
- Was responsible for developing and maintaining a $300,000 dollar annual budget.
- Organized and operated our annual Labor Day Tournament. This tournament included up to 100 teams and generated between a $10,000 and $20,000 dollar profit for the league each year.
- Worked closely with Pasco County officials concerning the maintance of the fields.
- Attended all USA, GYSA and FYSA monthly league meetings, including the FYSA Annual General Meeting in August.
- Worked closely with directors to develop an alternative program for top recreational players to play in, to prepare themselves to join the competitive league. (Select Program).
- Worked closely with the Director of Training to provide an effective player development program for the league.