St. Pete Raiders Academy Teams (U8-U10)
St. Pete Raiders Academy program provides the opportunity for boys and girls to participate in a competitive soccer environment that helps foster the love of the game. The purpose of our Academy is to teach the game of soccer the way it should be in these “Golden Years” of learning and in turn helping players to develop good habits on the field of play that will be with them throughout their soccer lives.
The program is divided into two areas - technical and tactical. Between the ages of 6-9 we tend to focus just on the technical side of the game, with a small slant on tactics as the players start to become proficient in this area. Tactics will then follow as they garner a better understanding of the game and the way it works.
There are no standings within this age brackets therefore no emphasis on winning which removes untold pressure from the players and parents, allowing players to express themselves and learn from their mistakes.
What is the Academy Program?
● Our Academy program is focused on developing players at our youngest age groups (U8-U10). Players will compete against other local competitive youth academy teams.
How often will teams practice?
● Teams will practice twice a week and dates/times are provided by academy director and head coaches. Information will be available after teams are formed. Games are played during the weekends mostly on Saturday.
How long is the season?
● Teams will start their season early September and end in late April.
What are the fees and what do they include?
● Parents are due three different fees. The club registration fee will cover player insurance, games & referee fees, administration and operational costs. The second fee are training fees paid directly to head coaches and the final fee is the uniforms (2 full game kits and two full training kits). Total fees range from $800-$1200 for the whole season which includes the club registration fees, coaches fees and the uniform costs.
When are tryouts held?
● Tryouts for the 2020-2021 season will be held starting the week of May 18, 2020. Please check our website page for more details. Tryouts are open for players with all skills level.
What are the Academy age groups for the 2020-2021 season?
● Boys born in 2013 - U8 Team
● Boys born in 2012 - U9 Team
● Boys born in 2011 - U10 team
● Girls born in 2013 & 2012 - U9 Team
● Girls born in 2011 - U10 Team
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR ACADEMY PROGRAM
- Coaching staff overseen by the Academy Director and a Director of Coaching.
- Age appropriate training soccer curriculum
- Coaching focus on long-term player development
- Year-round training including indoor programs during the summer
- Club training environment and amazing soccer facility
- Goalkeeping training to those players looking to become GK’s
- Financial aid program for those that qualified
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
Please contact our Academy director, Pablo Salamanca for any other questions regarding our Academy program or future Academy tryouts
Psalamancadoc@gmail.com (240) 398-0828